The Bells is the smallest of our Gidget campers, built to be compact and extra lightweight. It is narrower and shorter than our other models and therefore has slightly less storage and a double sized bed versus a queen. It has the features that all of our full sized models have with the exception of a stovetop in order to reduce the weight as much as possible.
Our Bells model is named after Bells Beach, an iconic surf beach at the start of the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia and located about 90 minutes south-west of Melbourne. The powerful point break at Bells Beach is part of international surfing folklore and is the site for world championship surfing contests every Easter since 1961 (now known as the Rip Curl Pro Surf Classic). (Source)
The Bells is packed with standard features:
- Patented slide-out feature nearly doubling the size of the cabin interiors
- Lounge conversion from bench to bed
- Full width skylight for natural light and sleeping under the stars
- Rotating entertainment system (with 24” TV + USB port + CD Player)
- Energy efficient solar panel system and LED lighting
- 110V and 12V power via included battery, battery charger and inverter
- Storage (underfloor, cabinets, kitchen drawers)
- Water tank and waste tank
- Large screened windows
- Safety features such as fire extinguisher, smoke detector and locks
- Our much loved craftsmen-built timber kitchens
Personalize your Bells Compact
Like all our Gidget Campers, the Bells is custom-built to order regardless of the model type. Each one is a work of art and personalized to your tastes. You choose your body and wheel guard colors, curtain fabric pattern, cushion color, handle style as well as a choice from 10 different types of gorgeous Australian and American timbers – all included in the standard prices.
Ready to Order?
Please review the Ordering Process section for recommended steps and access to the relevant order form.
Or explore our other Gidgets to decide which is the right fit for you. You can view further images of all Gidget models in the Visual Gallery.